World Environment Day | What is Environment Day | Environment Day Essay
World Environment Day is employed to celebrate on the fifth June to form the individuals to urge aware of the environment and its effects on the standard of living of the individuals. There are countless activities that are done by the individuals within the atmosphere to develop some things for the welfare of the individuals. The environment may be a Natural factor wherever individuals live and d a heap of activities for his or her own welfare and profit. individuals are accustomed harm and additionally save the atmosphere resources by which individuals are affected because of numerous dangerous yet pretty much as good effects of the setting.
People are a lot of reluctant these days to save lots of the surroundings for his or her Future and additionally for the Young Generations. The setting makes the individuals to try and do a heap of things and fulfill it during a nice manner. There are countless issues whereas individuals have to be compelled to face once they harm the environment. it’s necessary for the individuals to save lots of the environment so as to target the organic process activities within the Country. It’s quite sensible for the individuals to guard the setting for the higher effects on the standard of living of the individuals.
About Environment Day | World Environment Day | History of World Environment Day:
World Environment Day (also known as as WED) has been started celebrating as associate annual event on each fifth of June since 1973 so as to boost the world awareness concerning the importance of the healthy and inexperienced atmosphere within the human lives, to resolve the atmosphere problems by implementing some positive environmental actions similarly on create aware common public worldwide that everybody is liable for saving his environment and not solely someone, government or organizations operating for it.
World environment day was 1st established to be celebrated per annum by running some effective campaigns by the United Nations General Assembly and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) within the conference on Human environment began from fifth to sixteenth of June at United Nations in 1972. It had been 1st time celebrated in 1973 with the actual theme “Only one Earth”. Since 1974, the celebration campaign of the global atmosphere day is hosted in several cities of the planet.
It is a giant annual celebration started by the United Nations General Assembly to interact several folks from totally different countries across the world similarly as draw attention of political and health organizations to implement some effective actions.
Why World Environment Day is Celebrated | Celebration of World Environment Day:
The world environment day annual celebration campaign began to address the massive environmental problems like wastage and losses of food, deforestation, increasing warming so several. each year celebration is planned per the actual theme and motto of the year to bring effectiveness within the campaign during the planet.It is celebrated to with success get carbon neutrality, that specialize in the forest management, reducing greenhouse effects, promoting biofuels production by planting on degraded lands, use of hydropower to reinforce electricity production, encourage common public to use star water heaters, energy production through star sources, developing new emptying systems, promoting coral reefs and mangroves restoration so as to induce prevented from flooding and erosion together with different ways in which of environmental preservation. a number of the objectives of the planet environment day campaign are mentioned below:
It is celebrated to create awareness the common public concerning the environmental problems.
Encourage folk from completely different society and communities to actively participate in the celebration similarly as become an energetic agent in developing environmental safety measures.
Let them understand that community individuals are terribly essential to inhibit negative changes towards the environmental problems.
Encourage individuals to create their near surroundings safe and clean to get pleasure from safer, cleaner and additional prosperous future.
World Environment Day Activities | Activities of World Environment Day:
The variety of activities is just planned to celebrate this valuable event in several countries to encourage a lot of individuals towards the celebration. Numerous news channels participate terribly actively within the celebration to catch the news and distribute messages regarding the celebration among the common public through their news publications to bring effective and positive changes towards the setting to resolve all the environmental problems. a number of the national and international level activities embrace street rallies, tree plantation, garbage utilization, encompassing areas clean-up, parades then several activities so as to draw individuals attention towards a wide selection of environmental problems similarly as bring distinction.
People of all age teams actively involved throughout the celebration to save lots of their planet in original type as talented by the character. particularly modern-day youths massively participate within the celebration through several activities like pack up campaigns, art exhibitions, motivating individuals for tree-planting, dance activities, utilization garbage, film festivals, community events, essays writing, poster competitions, social media campaigns and heap a lot of. several awareness campaigns also are run at colleges, schools and different instructional establishments to inspire students towards their environmental safety. The celebration takes place at national and international level by organizing varied activities within the public places to the aware common public regarding the important causes of setting status degradation similarly as allow them to understand what steps ought to be taken to resolve such environmental problems.
World Environment Day Slogan | World Environment Day Theme:
- In the year 1973, the theme was: Only One Earth.
- In the year 1974, the theme was: Only One Earth during Expo 74.
- In the year 1975, the theme was: Human Settlements.
- In the year 1976, the theme was: Water- Vital Resource for Life.
- In the year 1977, the theme was: Ozone Layer Environmental Concern.
- In the year 1978, the theme was: Development Without Destruction.
- In the year 1979, the theme was: Only One Future for our Children.
- In the year 1980, the theme was: A New Challenge for the New Decade—Development without Destruction.
- In the year 1981, the theme was: Ground Water—Toxic Chemicals in Human Food Chains.
- In the year 1982, the theme was: Ten Years after Stockholm.
- In the year 1983, the theme was: Managing and Disposing Hazardous Waste—Acid Rain and Energy.
- In the year 1984, the theme was: Desertification.
- In the year 1985, the theme was: Youth—Population and the Environment.
- In the year 1986, the theme was: A Tree for Peace.
- In the year 1987, the theme was: Environment and Shelter—More than a Roof.
- In the year 1988, the theme was: When People Out the Environment First—Development Will Last.
- In the year 1989, the theme was: Global Warming.
- In the year 1990, the theme was: Children and the Environment.
- In the year 1991, the theme was: Climate Change—Need for Global Partnership.
- In the year 1992, the theme was: Only One Earth—Care and Share.
- In the year 1993. the theme was: Poverty and the Environment—Breaking the Vicious Circle.
- In the year 1994, the theme was: One Earth One Family.
- In the year 1995, the theme was: United for the Global Environment.
- In the year 1996, the theme was: Our Earth, Our Habitat, Our Home.
- In the year 1997, the theme was: For Life on Earth.
- In the year 1998, the theme was: Save Our Seas.
- In the year 1999, the theme was: Our Earth—Our Future—Just Save It.
- In the year 2000, the theme was: The Environment Millennium—Time To Act.
- In the year 2001, the theme was: Connect with the World Wide Web of Life.
- In the year 2002, the theme was: Give Earth A Chance.
- In the year 2003, the theme was: Two Billion People are Dying for it.
- In the year 2004, the theme was: Wanted-Seas and Ocean—Dead or Alive.
- In the year 2005, the theme was: Green Cities—Plan for the Planet.
- In the year 2006, the theme was: Don’t Desert Drylands.
- In the year 2007, the theme was: Melting Ice—A Hot Topic?.
- In the year 2008, the theme was: CO2, Kick the Habit—Towards A Low Carbon Economy.
- In the year 2009, the theme was: Your Planet Needs You—Unite to Combat Climate Change.
- In the year 2010, the theme was: Many Species—One Planet—One Future.
- In the year 2011, the theme was: Forest—Nature at Your Service.
- In the year 2012, the theme was: Green Economy—Does it include you?.
- In the year 2013, the theme was: Reduce Your Footprint.
- In the year 2014, the theme was: Raise Your Voice, Not the Sea Level.
- In the year 2015, the theme was: One World One Environment.
- In the year 2016, the theme was: Zero Tolerance for the illegal trade in Wildlife.
- In the year 2017, the theme was: