GATE 2018 | Full Form of GATE | GATE Full Form | What is GATE?
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2018 are organized by the IIT Guwahati. The examination is held on February 3-4 and February 10-11, 2018. The GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) web site can open the enrollment, application filling, and application submission on September one. The official notification is predicted to unleash by next month. IIT Guwahati had conducted the GATE last time in 2010. In 2017, the entrance examination organizing body was IIT Roorkee.
Once released, the applicants will check detailed notification at gate.iitg.ac.in or they will check this page for all latest updates. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the sole medium through applicants are admitted to post graduate courses in engineering at all IITs, NITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc). From 2012, the examination has conjointly been utilized by the PSUs in their recruitment method. the number of PSUs using the GATE score has steadily increased. GATE 2016 score was conjointly used for recruitment of positions within the cabinet Secretariat within the Government of India.
GATE 2018 Official Website www.gate.iitg.ac.in
GATE 2018 Application Form | GATE Application Form 2018:
The GATE 2018 application form submission method is started from first September to fifth October 2017 and examination are organized in Feb 2018. This year, GATE (Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering) are organized by the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IIT G) These are on of the top most colleges of India which provide the Postgraduate courses and ph.D. courses to B.TECH/B.E graduates through GATE examination. The examination date has been scheduled for 3rd, 4th, 10th, and eleventh Feb 2018.
GATE 2018 examination are organized by the IIT Guwahati. In GATE 2018 Registration, aspirants will only apply for one of the disciplines from twenty-three streams. several PSU’s and personal company’s recruit applicants on the basis of their GATE Score Card. The GATE examination is used to analysis technical skills as well as mathematical and logical skills. The gate score is valid for 3 years afterward it’ll be expired. GATE examination is organized by the seven IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) and IISc and is one of the toughest examinations of India.
For more information of GATE Application Form 2018 just CLICK HERE:
GATE 2018 Application fees | GATE 2018 Registration Fees:
Applicants can pay the fee via internet banking, debit card or e-challan. GATE 2018 registration fee details is given below:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
GATE 2018 Applications Correction:
- The correction in application forms will be done from the second week of Nov 2017.
- The changes are going to be done in category, gender & examination town.
- All the corrections can be done only through on-line mode.
- There will be no challan payment accepted for correction.
- Any quiet changes aren’t allowed in GATE paper.
GATE 2018 Important Dates:
|GATE 2018 Online Registration | Application Form||1st Sept 2017|
|final Date for Submission Application Form||5th Oct 2017|
|Last Date for Requesting to Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||17th Nov 2017|
|Releasing Date of GATE 2018 Admit Card||5th Jan 2018|
|Online Examination Date of GATE 2018||3rd, 4th, 10th, and 11th Feb 2018|
|Releasing Date of GATE 2018 Answer Key||after few days of examination|
|Date of Result Declaration of GATE 2018||17th March 2018|
|Downloading Date of Score Card||Last Week of March 2018|
|Counselling Commence||2nd week of April 2018|
|Qualification Required||Description about the Degree||Degree Status||Passing Year|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||Four-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Pharm/B.E./B.Tech||Four-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or Three-years B.Tech lateral entry. Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||Five-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Four-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or
|Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Science/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated
B. S./M. S. program
|Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
Age Limit: Applicants minimum age ought to be a minimum of twenty-one years and there’s no higher age limit is needed for GATE examination. However, applicants can ought to carry their graduation degree with them.
Nationality: Applicants ought to be an Indian.
GATE 2018 Online Application Form:
The application procedure to register in GATE 2018 Notification is extremely simple. you’ve got to fill all the non-public and official details rigorously. However, you’ll get the chance to create correct changes however that may be charged.
How to Apply for GATE 2018 Exam?
- Firstly you have to go to the official web site of GATE.
- Login into the site. If you don’t have logic id then sign up.
- After login, fill the GATE 2018 form.
- The registration form is split into several parts i.e. Personal details, academic details, thumb impression, photograph, and signature.
- If you’re considered in any reserved category that you simply should have to transfer original certificate concerning it.
- Fill all the information properly.
- The last step is going to be of payment.
- Then after payment confirmation message is being sent to you in your email account.
- You have successfully submitted your application.
GATE 2018 Online Registration:
The correction within the GATE application form 2018 are going to be allowed solely once the web registration. In case, if any mistake is going to be committed by the candidate within the application then, he/she has to send an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” in conjunction with the documented proof.
GATE Corrections/Modifications are going to be granted within the following fields:
- DOB (Date of Birth)
- Name of Applicants
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Have you graduated with the above degree?
- Status from gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE Examination Pattern 2018:
- Exam Mode: The GATE 2018 examination are organized online only (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The examination time is going to be three hours.
- Number of Questions: Total sixty-five queries are asked in GATE 2018 examination for maximum one hundred marks.
- Type of queries: The MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) & NAT (Numerical Answer Type) Questions are asked in GATE examination.
- Section Common in all GATE Papers: The GA (General Aptitude) section is common in all papers. it’ll contain total a hundred and fifty queries for maximum fifteen marks (5 queries of one mark and five queries of two marks).
- New Section: within the paper of xe, a new section (H) namely atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
- Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT queries can carry one or a pair of marks in all papers.
- Negative Marking: there’ll be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the queries carrying 1 mark. Likewise, for queries carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks are deducted. No negative marking for Numerical
- Answer type queries.
GATE 2018 Examination Pattern for All Papers except GG, XE, XL:
- 25 queries of one mark each.
- 30 queries of two marks each.
- 10 queries from GA.
GATE 2018 Examination Pattern for Paper XE:
Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total eleven queries are going to be asked. Seven queries of one mark each and four queries of two marks each. it’s common to all candidates.
Any 2 of xe sections from B to H – twenty-two queries. nine queries carrying one mark and thirteen queries carrying two marks.
10 queries from GA.
For more information of GATE Exam Pattern 2018 just CLICK HERE:
GATE 2018 Examination Pattern for Paper GG:
Part A – Twenty-five queries of one mark each. This part is common for all applicants.
Part B – Thirty queries of two marks each. This part has 2 sections, section-1 is of geology and section-2 is of geophysics.
10 queries from GA.
GATE 2018 Examination Pattern for Paper XL:
Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total fifteen queries (5 queries of one marks and 10 queries of two marks).
Any 2 of XL sections q to U – Total twenty queries (10 queries of one mark each and ten queries of two marks).
10 queries from GA.
GATE Syllabus 2018:
GATE (Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering) is regulated by the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee that could be a national level examination organized for providing admission to Post graduate courses of engineering i.e. M.Tech. The aptitude test is going to be conducted in Feb 2018. GATE 2018 info can comprise of 23papers.
For more information, of GATE 2018 Syllabus just CLICK HERE:
GATE 2018 Selection Procedure:
Generally, the GATE 2018 selection Procedure based on three stages: Registration form, on-line examination and finally counselling of the selected candidates. we are going to explain you higher by providing steps concerning it.
- Visit the official web site.
- Fill up the registration form.
- Appear for the GATE 2018 Examination.
- Wait for the results.
- Finally, you’ll see your results on the official web site.
- You have to use to the IITs college individually and for NIITS admission are done through the CCMT (Centralized counselling for M.Tech/M.Plan) method.
- The CCMT is going to be applied on-line on the web site of GATE Examination.
GATE Admit Card 2018:
Applicants who are going to be successfully submitted their GATE 2018 form are going to be ready to download GATE 2018 Admit Card from fifth Jan 2017. The Admit card are going to be declared on the official web site. because the hall price ticket of GATE 2018 examination are going to be issued from fifth Jan 2018 onwards whereas the examination are going to be organized on 3rd, 4th, 10th, and 11th Feb 2018. Hall ticket is of prime importance for the examination as a result of it has all the details concerning exam like examination centre, timing, date of examination, etc. Applicants got to bring this admit card to urge an entry into the examination hall.
For more information on GATE 2018 Admit Card just CLICK HERE:
GATE Result 2018:
The results of GATE 2018 examination are declared once one month of the examination. As per the official discharged dates, GATE 2018 Result is declared on seventeenth March 2018 (Saturday) on the official web site that’s gate.iitg.ac.in. Total score would be generated when analyzing all the 3 sections. The applicants who can score well during this examination are eligible to require admission in top Engineering schools for the M.Tech degree or the other equivalent degree.
For more information of GATE Result 2018 just CLICK HERE:
GATE Cut off 2018:
GATE 2018 Cut-Off Marks are the minimum marks which is needed for applicants to qualify within the examination. Cut-Off Marks for GATE 2018 are discharged once the declaration of GATE 2018 Result. These scores can help us in approximating, whether or not the applicant can qualify the examination or not or reach the set cut-off limit or not. Students will compare their scores with the cut-off marks to know whether they’ve qualified the examination or not.
GATE Previous Year Papers:
We’ve conjointly collected here Previous Year Papers of GATE to assist you to perceive the sort of queries asked within the examination. These test can assist you gain a command over all the sections and can conjointly assist you perceive the marking theme within the question paper. GATE Previous Year Papers are of great help in scoring smart marks because the pattern somewhere remains the same and it conjointly makes you aware of the distribution of scores per the question.
For more information on Previous Year Papers just CLICK HERE:
Papers to Apply for GATE 2018:
|3.||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|7.||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|9.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|13.||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|21.||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|22.||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|23.||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
GATE Preparation Tips 2018:
We have listed here Best Preparation Tips To Crack GATE 2018. So, have a look at the mentioned tips and build a strategic plan to qualify one’s examination.
- Be thorough enough regarding the GATE 2018 examination
- Just be consistent in your learning method
- Focus on your goal and try to be less diverted
- Practice a lot of and a lot of Mock Tests and Previous Year Papers
- Read the question rigorously and then answer it
- Distribute time evenly for each and every question
- Try to solve the question paper in time
- In the end, we would like to wish you an honest Luck for the test
- The GATE 2018 application form Submission are started from first Sept 2017. So, applicants are suggested to begin preparation to get well during this examination.
GATE 2018 Study Material
|SR NO||NAME OF BEST BOOK FOR CTET||BUY ONLINE|
|1||Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude For GATE – 2018: For AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF, and XE Streams||CLICK HERE|
|2||GATE Computer Science and Information Technology 2018||CLICK HERE|
|3||Electrical Engineering GATE 2018||CLICK HERE|
|4||GATE 2018 CIVIL Engineering||CLICK HERE|
|5||Mechanical Engineering GATE 2018||CLICK HERE|
|6||GATE 2018 GENERAL APTITUDE||CLICK HERE|
|7||GATE Electrical Engineering 2018||CLICK HERE|
|8||Chemical Engineering GATE 2018||CLICK HERE|
|9||GATE 2018 CIVIL ENGINEERING||CLICK HERE|